Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Well here I am back again.

I'd like to start today by quoting the words of a very wise man who lived and died not so long ago. It goes (something) like this:
"Horse sense is the sense a horse shows when he decides not to bet on people".
That snippet of wisdom was from the great man himself, W.C. Fields. (And I knew you would love it!). He was a drinker though.
He once said about a woman he once knew:
"That woman drove me to drink...it was the only good thing about her!"
One time they say he was in his dressing room off the movie set and the director yelled to him "Camera re-loading". Fields yelled back "I'm re-loading too!"
A grand man...we'll not see the likes of him again...thats for sure.


I'm sitting here listening to the voting results from the Democratic Primaries and caucuses being held in nine States throughout the United States.
No big surprises it seems. It's Kerry by a landslide!! Or, so it seems at this early hour.
Edwards has "won" South Carolina.
Lieberman is losing everywhere and it looks like he is about to drop out of the race.
General Clark is in a three-way tie for Oklahoma. ( I love a close one, don't you?)
Yada...Yadda...Yadda...and the beat goes on, the beat goes on...!
The rich get richer and you and I get poorer.
I should throw my hat in the ring.
No, I wouldn't want to lose my hat.
OK...why is it that there never has been a female President in the USA?
Any ideas? I'm wondering why that might be.
There have been excellent women Presidents and Prime Ministers in many other countries.
Pakistan (of ALL places!), Israel (Golda Meir), Great Britain (Agh...forget Great Britain!),and our own dear old Erin (Mary Robinson..God Bless Her!).
I don't know whats wrong with those Yankee voters.
They can put a robot on Mars but they can't put a woman in the White House!
Of course they can put a man on the moon but they can't find an Arab hiding in a hole! (Osama Bin Laden).

On a serious note now that I've got your ear...
I've gotten off of my lazy duff and I added some lovely LINKS.
Included in these links is a link to a personal favorite town of mine. My own lovely Doolin in the lovely County Clare.
If you like traditional Irish music...and I mean the real stuff, not the "new age", "touchy-feely" sicky psycho sludge that passes for the real thing...then Doolin is the place for you. We have some great pubs too. Three of them to be exact. Try O'Connors. Tell them I sent you.
Also tell them I'll be settling up my tab next time I come around (just kidding about that one, don't you know?) hahaha.
Whats that link to the Grand Rapids Art Museum doing there, you are wondering, I bet?
Well...I LOVE that place. Seriously. They have a wonderful on-line collection of sketches, paintings, sculptures and the like. I like art...I thought you might like it also.

Hit the link there...you won't be regretting it.

OK..OK..also, I put in some other links that I thought you might enjoy.
They're all clean and family oriented so no worries there.
Click them and you'll be telling me thanks the next time you log on.

OK...heres a joke for you.
Al Gore says he invented the internet but don't believe him.
Abe Lincoln must have been the inventor of the internet.
Why you're asking?
Look at your history...it says in every history book I've read that Lincoln was born in a blog cabin!
So there now...

Some folks have been asking what I look like, can I post a picture of myself.
The answer is no...I'm using the cheap version of this Blog host and pictures aren't allowed.
Also...if you saw my picture you'd all be saying that "Agh...I've seen better faces eating hay".
So you're not missing much.
OK...well I'm off. (I'm still sober mind you, but not for much longer I hope.)

Peace

Slante!!

No comments: